The Product Bootcamp is a two-day workshop created to provide product managers, product owners, and UX professionals with the tools for delivering successful products. In just two days, attendees will come away with a proven approach for product discovery, visioning, planning, and prioritization.
The workshop will be held on April 24-25, 2017 in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
April 24th: Demystifying the Product Discovery Process
Do you know what your users want in a product? How do you ensure your product concept solves a big enough problem for users?
We will teach attendees the essential steps for adopting Product Discovery techniques into the development process, including:
- How to plan and conduct interviews with users in their environment. You’ll see how to observe critical details about your users that just isn’t possible with other techniques.
- How to develop proto-personas from user research. We’ll walk you through an easy-to-learn method for developing persona descriptions to solve your users’ unmet needs.
- How to quickly evaluate, and iterate on your early-stage concepts with low-fidelity prototyping techniques.
April 25th: Product Visioning, Planning, and Prioritization
Is your team looking for new product concepts to capture a new market? Do you need to establish a long-term Experience Vision for how users will interact with your products and services? Are you working to set a direction to drive product priorities or roadmap decisions?
Your team will learn how to collaboratively map out a cohesive product vision that will guide the Product and UX team’s decisions and priorities.
We will walk you through each step of the product visioning process, from planning and research to creating concrete deliverables to inform your product decisions. You will learn how to:
- Map out a unified, long term vision for your product that aligns with user needs
- Learn a collaborative, iterative approach to product visioning
- Create an experience brief to outline your product requirements
- Iterate rapidly using familiar elements of the design studio methodology
- Identify opportunities to achieve your product vision using the KJ Technique, a collaborative consensus-building method
- Rank product opportunities based on business value, user value, and the degree of effort required to achieve them
After attending this workshop, your team will come away equipped to prioritize product opportunities that align with your organization’s long-term strategy.
About the Instructor
Christine Perfetti built and managed User Experience teams at two top Boston technology companies, Carbonite and Acquia. For eight years, Christine worked as Managing Director at User Interface Engineering, a leading user research, training, and consulting firm.
For more than two decades, Christine Perfetti has been teaching teams how to gather insights from users to inform product decisions, including:
- Author of the O’Reilly Video Training, User Research Fundamentals for Product Teams and UIE Virtual Seminar, A User-Centered Approach to Product Planning and Visioning
- Presenter at Harvard Business School’s Startup Bootcamp
- Featured speaker at dozens of industry leading conferences, including Webstock New Zealand, Lean UX NYC, the IA Summit, the Confab Content Strategy Conference, and the User Interface Conference
Early Bird Registration
Sign up by March 7th and attend the two-day Bootcamp for just $795 – a savings of $200 off the regular registration price. After March 7th, the price will increase to $995.
Your registration includes:
- Two days of industry best practices for delivering best-in-class product experiences
- A continental breakfast and afternoon snack
- Networking with brilliant minds from the Boston product community
The talented team at iZotope will host the workshop at their corporate headquarters:
60 Hampshire St
Cambridge, MA 02139
About the Event Organizer
Perfetti Media is a Boston-based consulting and training firm that helps teams deliver best-in-class products. Through in-depth research and years of in-house experience, we’ve identified tools and techniques that consistently help organizations succeed.