We are passionate about creating best-in-class products. That’s why we fervently dedicate our time to researching what it takes by going to the source: people who have envisioned, designed, and built them.
Launch It is a monthly presentation series where product experts share their lessons and epiphanies with you. You’ll come away with prove strategies for product success.
Who should attend?
Launch It is perfect for CEOs, product managers, engineers, designers, and marketing professionals who want to take their products to the next level.
To launch a successful product, it takes teamwork and collaboration. The most successful product teams are cross-functional; you’ll need business, product management, engineering, design, and marketing prowess. Unlike the majority of conferences that focus on just one discipline, we address the needs of the entire cross-functional product team.
June Event: Speakers and Topic
All too often, you’ll hear team members talking about UX Strategy or strategies for demonstrating the value of UX in an organization. To build great products, the best teams aren’t having the UX strategy discussion. They are focused on maximizing the contribution of all members of the Product, Engineering, and UX teams and shipping high-quality products.
In this panel, we’ve assembled product leaders who have worked at some of the most successful technology organizations in Boston, including HubSpot, Runkeeper, Carbonite, and Acquia. We’ll discuss:
- How product managers, engineers, and UX professionals can collaborate to release great products
- The challenges for delivering great products and tactics for tackling them
- How to inject design into the product process
- Best practices for releasing high-quality products
Pricing: What you’ll get with your registration ticket
- Early bird registration: $10
- Regular registration: $20
Launch It is not the typical meetup. It’s designed and tailored for passionate product managers, UX professionals, and engineers who stay awake at night thinking about what makes a best-in-class product and how to achieve that goal. We are seeking passionate, motivated, and energized participants who want to contribute to the conversation and share their product lessons learned along the way.
Your registration includes:
- Interactive panel with product leaders who have worked in the trenches at some of the most successful Boston technology companies, including Runkeeper, HubSpot, Carbonite, and Acquia
- Free drink ticket for your libation of choice, including beer, wine, and soda at our bar
- Tasty hors d’oeuvres
- Networking with brilliant minds from the Boston product community
Susan Hunt Stevens is the Founder and CEO of WeSpire, the employee engagement platform company that empowers forward-thinking global organizations to reach their greatest potential. Before taking the leap and launching her startup, Susan spent nine years at The New York Times Company, most recently as senior vice president/GM of Boston.com, one of the largest news and information sites on the Web.
At July’s Launch It, we’ll interview Susan about her lessons learned as she launched and grew WeSpire, including:
- What to look for in founding partners
- How to achieve product market fit
- How WeSpire evaluated the success of the product offering
- How and when to pivot the business
- What to look for when hiring a product leader for your startup
- The importance of customer research when iterating and improving on your product offering
- The biggest lessons learned for creating a successful product
We expect to sell out, so register now to ensure you get a seat.
August 17: The HubSpot Transformation: It’s All About Small, Dedicated Cross-functional Product Teams
Save the date! Registration will open in July.
Jeremy brings 15+ years of experience in marketing and product development to HubSpot. As VP of Product Development, Jeremy leads product development and design for HubSpot’s all in one marketing platform.
Jeremy joined the team with HubSpot’s acquisition of oneforty, Inc where he was VP of Product Development and Operations. Prior to oneforty Jeremy was with Compete Inc. where he led the Online Media and Search business unit. Early in his career he spent several years on the strategic, product development side of the automotive industry. He held multiple roles at Ford Motor Company in business development, product strategy, marketing and engineering
Each Launch It event is two hours, from 6:00 – 8:00pm.
We start with a 60-minute interactive presentation and open forum followed by a reception of tasty food and drinks. At the reception, attendees will have the opportunity to talk about their product challenges with the presenter and event attendees
Venues: New Location Every Month!
- June 15: Microsoft Technology Center, 255 Main Street, Cambridge MA
- July 20: HubSpot will kindly host the festivities
- August 17: Back to Microsoft Nerd
About Your Host
Perfetti Media is a Boston-based consulting and training firm that helps teams deliver best-in-class products. Through in-depth research and years of in-house experience, we’ve identified tools and techniques that consistently help organizations succeed.
CEO and Founder, Christine Perfetti, has a proven track record of running best-in-class training events. For eight years, she ran the world-renowned four-day conference, User Interface. Before launching Perfetti Media, Christine built and managed User Experience teams at two highly successful technology companies, Carbonite and Acquia.
Interesting in sponsoring Launch It? We have several levels of sponsorship available for organizations looking to start the conversation with some of the most talented speakers and attendees in the world of product development. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the sponsor package.