Do you need to establish a long-term Experience Vision for how users will interact with your products and services? Would you like to set a direction to drive product priorities and roadmap decisions? Is your team looking for new product concepts to capture a new market?
The Product Visioning workshop provides product managers, product owners, and UX professionals with the tools for delivering successful products. In just two days, attendees will come away with a proven approach for customer discovery, visioning, roadmap planning, and prioritization.
The workshop will be held on July 23 – 24, 2019 at Workbar in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
What People Are Saying
“Christine Perfetti is fantastic. She immediately gained our trust and respect through her approach to product visioning. Christine brought with her a real experience in product strategy and team collaboration. This rigor brought needed structure and delivered real results to Harvard Business Review.”
Erik Hellweg, Managing Director, Product Management and Digital Strategy at Harvard Business Review
July 23: Demystifying the Product Discovery Process
Are you struggling to get all stakeholders aligned on the most pressing business and user requirements? Do you know what your users really want in a product? Are your product concepts solving a big enough problem for users?
In Day 1 of the Product Bootcamp, we will unpack the essential steps for adopting Product Discovery techniques into your development process, including how to:
- Collect business requirements from the people who matter within the organization and getting everyone aligned on the most pressing needs.
- Plan and conduct interviews with users in their natural environment. You’ll see how to gather critical user insights to inform your product decisions.
- Develop personas in just one day. We’ll walk you through an easy-to-learn method for developing persona descriptions to solve your users’ unmet needs.
- Evaluate, and iterate on your early-stage concepts with low-fidelity prototyping techniques.
July 24: Product Visioning, Roadmap Planning, and Opportunity Prioritization
Do you need to set a direction for product priorities and roadmap decisions? Is your team looking for new product concepts to capture a new market? Do you need to establish a long-term Experience Vision for how users will interact with your products and services?
Your team will learn how to collaboratively map out a cohesive product vision that will guide the Product and UX team’s decisions and priorities.
We will walk you through each step of the product visioning process, from planning and research to creating concrete deliverables to inform your product decisions. You will learn how to:
- Establish a product roadmap or list of quarterly product opportunities that your organization will rally behind.
- Map a unified, long-term product vision that aligns with business and user needs.
- Create an Experience Brief to outline your product requirements.
- Iterate rapidly on product concepts using familiar elements of the design studio methodology.
- Identify the best product opportunities for achieving your vision using collaborative, consensus building methods, including the Weighted Matrix Roadmap and the KJ Technique.
- Prioritize and rank product opportunities based on business value, user value, and the degree of effort required to achieve them.
After attending this workshop, your team will come away equipped to prioritize product opportunities that align with your organization’s long-term strategy.
About the Instructor
For eight years, Christine worked as Head of Product at User Interface Engineering, a leading Product and User Experience think tank. Christine Perfetti also built and managed User Experience teams at two of Boston’s top technology companies, Carbonite and Acquia.
For more than two decades, Christine has been teaching teams how to gather insights from users to inform product decisions. Highlights:
- Clients include Harvard Business School, Penn Medicine, Citibank, HubSpot, Udemy, Localytics, Blue Jeans Network, Cooper, Cisco WebEx, Curriculum Associates, and Wistia
- Author of the O’Reilly Video Training, User Research Fundamentals for Product Teams and UIE Virtual Seminar, A User-Centered Approach to Product Planning and Visioning
- Presenter at Harvard Business School’s Startup Bootcamp
- Featured speaker at dozens of industry leading conferences, including Webstock New Zealand, Lean UX NYC, the IA Summit, the Confab Content Strategy Conference, and the User Interface Conference
The early registration price for the two-day Bootcamp is $895. Pricing goes up by $200 on June 5th.
Your registration includes:
- Two days of industry best practices for delivering best-in-class product experiences
- A continental breakfast and afternoon snack
- Networking with brilliant minds from the Boston product community
We will be holding the workshop at Workbar Cambridge. Workbar is less than a block away from the MBTA Red Line (Central stop).
45 Prospect Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Would you like to train your entire team? When you bring the Product Bootcamp workshop on-site, you get world-class training from a world-class instructor in a location that’s convenient for you. Contact us to learn more.
About the Event Organizer
Perfetti Media is a Boston-based consulting and training firm that helps teams deliver best-in-class products. Through in-depth research and years of in-house experience, we’ve identified tools and techniques that consistently help organizations succeed.
[button link=”https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-product-bootcamp-product-discovery-visioning-and-roadmap-planning-tickets-49741403878″]Sign up[/button]